Thursday, March 10, 2011

My light bulb a-ha moment

It's been a while since I've posted! Sheesh where is the time going.

I did really well and lost 5.8 lbs and was 0.6 away from being in the 150's...then I gained...and gained...and now I'm at 163.

The issue with this is that I've been working out 3-6 times per week. I've been eating pretty darn well, though as always there is some room for improvement, specifically around the number of carbs I've been eating. (Due to PCOS I have to limit them each day).

So, what is important.  Is it the number on the scale? Does it really matter if I weigh 159.8 or 162.2? Or is it more important that I am now working out consistently, I've lost 3 inches in my waist and almost 2 inches every where else! Isn't that what matters? My clothes are fitting better and I feel great!

I started in January wanting to be healthier, and you know what...I am! I enjoy working out again, I love cooking new and healthy things, and when I do go out to eat, I try to be healthier.

I have not tracked a single point this week.  I have tracked calories for yesterday/today to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I wasn't! I'm learning what my body needs to be fueled, and what it doesn't (hello chocolate chips).

I will go back to counting calories next week, as I do need to make sure I am sticking within my calorie range (I was eating less than 1200 cals for a while...NOT GOOD), and to make sure I am sticking to my carb range as given to me by my doctor.

I think I needed that light bulb to come on in my head.  The one that said the weight on the scale isn't everything.  That it's not the only way to measure how healthy I am, or how well I'm doing. I will post my exact measurements from 1/1 and 3/1 when I get home and show you how I know whatever I am doing is working.  I may never lose another pound, but I will continue to work out and eat right. 

A number on the scale will no longer control my happiness nor my desire to be healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment